Friday, September 11, 2009

A Note to Tyler

A dear friend of mine (thanks Brandi) told me about blurb.com. You "slurp" all of your blog entries and photos into a book. What a wonderful keepsake! Tyler here is a special message for you to read when you are all grown up and reading this blog.

There have been so many moments in your life that your dad and I have been proud of you; when you learned how to ride a bike, when you learned how to swim, watching you play baseball, and the way you take care of your sister are just a few. But today I can honestly say I have never been more proud of you. We've had many changes in our lives throughout the past few months. You have always been positive about every change that came your way, including starting a new school. After I picked you up on the first day, you told me how much fun you had, but that you were a little scared because this was a new school and you didn't know anyone. Despite all of our discussions, you looked a bit nervous when I dropped you off today. About an hour later my phone rang and I noticed it was someone from your school. I answered it expecting to hear that you were really upset. Instead I heard your teacher's voice telling me what a great day you were having! The smile on your face when I picked you up said it all. You talked and talked about how much fun you had, how you've met so many new friends, and how you're not scared anymore. I am very proud of you for being so brave. Your dad and I feel honored to have the privilege of being your parents. You are such an amazing young man. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. sniff, sniff... so sweet! Tyler is a great kid! I just got my blurb book! I love it! I just know are kids will love reading our blogs someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi . . . . We think he's pretty great too. I want to see your blurb book when we are in town. So glad you love it :) I think the kids will love it too

    ReplyDelete