Today was an exciting day for us . . . It was Tyler's first day of baseball practice and Emma had her first sips of REAL milk!!!!!!! Tyler had so much fun at practice today. I will try to take some pictures at practice on Sunday. I was too busy chasing Emma around today!!! Tyler said his favorite part of practice was hitting. He also told me on the way home that he has the best dad in the whole world. I couldn't agree more. It has meant so much to Tyler that Dave will be an assistant coach this year. The Jayhawks are very lucky to have him . . . He's great with the kids. Emma had a routine appointment with her tummy doctor today so we made the journey into Dallas. Normally it only takes us about 30 minutes, but today there was a lot of traffic. Luckily we don't have to go that much anymore!!!! Emma only has to go in every 4 months now and finally got the okay to have milk. For those of you who know us well you know it has been a LONG road to get to this point but we are finally there. Emma was soooooooooo excited to come home and have some of "Tyler's milk." She took a sip and said "Mommy this is great. I love it." I can't imagine how the poor thing has lived on rice milk all this time. We celebrated all of these firsts by going out to dinner and Emma even had some custard for desert:)
Dressed and ready for practice. He looks so handsome and so grown up!!!
Yahoo for Emma! Milk! That's awesome! How did her her tummy do after? Glad Tyler had a great first practice, Matthew is finally next week. I think he will be excited, feel bad for my mom, both practice days every week are on my work days & Dave's game days :( Hopefully his games aren't own those days too! Can't wait to see more pictures & it is so awesome that Dave gets to help :)
ReplyDeleteBrandi can you even believe we've made it to milk!!! I never thought we'd make it. She's doing great and we're having a pizza party of Saturday with some friends....she'll have real pizza with cheese for the first time. Her doctor is thrilled with things. Tummy still bothers her at times but we are now able to use meds to help and aren't having to do mag citrate rinses anymore! She's come soooo far. Can't wait to see pics of Matty playing baseball. I'm sure your mom will love taking him to practice...I just hope the games are at times when you and Dave can watch. Hope things are well:)
ReplyDeleteTyler looks so grownup. He looks like he's grown a couple of inches. Can't wait to see you all so we can play baseball here in Ca. I'll make sure Emma gets cow milk at our house. I'll be looking for a video of Tyler's BB. The tutu is so cute. Surprising she's still is wearing it. Grandma Pam
ReplyDeleteThanks Mom. It was great to iChat with you guys tonight. We miss you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
ReplyDelete