Monday, April 2, 2012

Being like Jesus

Today was one of those absolutely amazing days. The kids and I had an opportunity to volunteer with our church at a local apartment complex. Our church was putting on Easter event for the kids in the complex. I can honestly say that I don't know if I have ever been so proud of my 2 children. They helped set up, participated in all the games, and were quite the helpers during the egg hunt. Emma told me "Mommy today we were like Jesus." As we were leaving we saw a little girl who had missed the event and looked quite sad. Tyler and Emma both reached into their baskets to grab and egg for the girl. Her little face just lit up. They had so much fun and I feel so blessed that we were able to help with this event. It was powerful. Tyler and Emma talked about this experience for days and still know all of the kids' names. They can't wait to see them again soon.

Helping our friends open their eggs.


Very into the message.


1 comment:

  1. What a great experience. So glad your churches reaches out. The kids were really blessed that day. Emma said it all. mom

    ReplyDelete