As many of you know my grandfather passed away today. I miss him already but know he is in a better place and will always be watching over us. I have been struggling with the words to tell the kids, especially Tyler. Since we are headed up to Chico for Thanksgiving tomorrow I thought I'd better tell them tonight. Tyler was full of questions . . .
"How did he get to heaven?"
"Where is heaven?"
"Can I talk to him?"
"Who will take care of great-grandma now?"
"Won't great-grandma be lonely? I think we'd better go keep her company!"
We talked about how the moon was extra bright tonight because great-grandpa was letting us know he had made his way up to heaven. Tyler looked up at the sky and said "Goodnight great-grandpa." He then told us that "Great-grandpa is going to have a great view of Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve."
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Nicole, what a tough conversation to have! You did better than I think I could have, I would have been in tears with him asking all those questions. So sorry for your loss, hope you guys are hanging in there, we are thinking about you guys during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brandi! Tyler and Emma have been talking about great-grandpa all the time . . . it's really amazing. They are such a bright light through this for everyone. I am so glad we have been able to be in CA for all of it! Miss you guys already :)
ReplyDelete